bentlesthebumblebuttking I am but a vending machine to him.
My sister: I love Shah so much. He is such a nice cat. And he never bites!
Me: Yes. Shah is a nice ca… what?
My sister: Yes. He never bites.
Me: You mean compared to dogs?
My sister: No. He just never bites.
Me: HE BITES ME ALL THE TIME HE BIT ME AN HOUR AGO HE FUCKING BITES ME WHENEVER HE IS BORED!
My sister: Huh. Maybe he doesn’t like you.
shutiao said: hey, so one of the youtube channels i follow (jubilee project) is coming up with a documentary on sex trafficking in korea called "save my seoul" if you want to check it out? the channel is run by korean-americans so i was wondering what you thought about it
Few things that seem off
1. We have people doing this already so….Idk why they’re acting like this doesn’t exist
2. A lot of the women do not want their private info leaked because obviously there’s a very real threat of backlash when that happens, I hope they’re more sensitive with that. Even their voices should be altered.
3. “Instead, it’s a consequence of the broken Korean culture that turns a blind eye to and condones one of the biggest human injustices of our generation. ”
Well, to get specific, it’s the consequence of dictatorships catering to dictat-I mean, father Park (rollseyes) who wanted to have sex with young girls and the military culture that backed him, which by the way, includes American soldiers because you cannot deny that the presence of the American military shaped prostitution as it exists here today. But yeah.
4. To be honest, they should be less concerned with prostitution in Seoul and more in the islands and countrysides because at least the sex workers in Seoul have a chance of ever getting out, and work in relatively sanitary conditions with relatively safe environment, in the islands? Nah you aren’t even paid and get beaten up and killed if you try to.
5. This is also an immigrant issue because a lot of sex workers are 1). Korean-Chinese women 2). Southeast Asian women 3). Eastern European/Central European women 4). Central Asian women so we should also focus on that too if you’re going to be fair. I am not sure if they’re doing that.
6. “The purpose of Save My Seoul is to raise awareness of prostitution and sex trafficking in Korea for the Western world and ultimately to spur action to end trafficking in Korea and beyond. Because local Koreans are so familiar with this issue, we believe that change will happen when the world becomes aware of this brokenness in Korea. And it begins by shining a light on these injustices. ”
We tried that. We tried to pass a law that banned all forms of prostitution in 2004. The sex workers basically said no. Here’s a picture of them protesting.
What they wanted was to be seen as workers and given rights accordingly. Here are more photos.
Both of them basically say, give us rights, give us labor rights and the right to survive. That’s because blatant crack downs on the issue robs them of a job. We need to think about how they can be supported via social services and how to make their environments safer instead of just getting rid of them, which I don’t see a lot of in their videos.
7. Korea serves as a hub-from what I’ve read at least-with Chinese and Russian/Eastern European women coming from the North and Southeast Asian women coming from the South, some staying there and some being sent to other places in the world of sex trafficking. So you can’t just be like, “let’s get rid of this” because then you have to get rid of all the other places that benefit from using this peninsula as a hub, so there’s that.
Ugh. So much distaste in my mouth right now.
This crafty and cunning cat. A large box of his favorite snacks were delivered today. He has created a nest on my lap, purring luxuriously. I love his unabashed turnabout face.
Back at our school, whenever someone said something stupid we’d say “금잔디(the grass lawn in front of the business building) 깔고 들어왔나?”
goawaywithjae polyesterhearts nope. Look absolutely awful. This is what happens when you do something on a whim without a concrete sense of direction. Fuck. Got only myself to blame since I told the stylist to do whatever, I just wanted them cut. Will try to get them fixed tomorrow. If I fail, I will give up social life indefinitely.
futureseoul yeah… Never again.
itspuddingcakes I hope so!;-; currently on the verge of taking Shah’s razor to my head.
Little Ham on the other hand is just downright rude and ornery. And I love him for it.
Little Ham: Hmph. Took you long enough.
Shah: (thinks to himself) Why is that human not listening to my mind words. Can it not feel I need a snack and ear scratch?